What is Dyscalculia?
Signs and Symptoms
- Shows difficulty understanding concepts of place value and quantity, number lines, positive and negative value, carrying and borrowing
- Has difficulty understanding and doing word problems
- Has difficulty sequencing information or events
- Exhibits difficulty using steps involved in math operations
- Shows difficulty understanding fractions
- Challenged making change and handling money
- Displays difficulty recognizing patterns when adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing
- Has difficulty putting language to math processes
- Has difficulty understanding concepts related to time such as days, weeks, months, seasons, quarters, etc.
- Exhibits difficulty organizing problems on the page, keeping numbers lined up, or following through on long division problems
Diagnostic Learning Services offers specific evaluations to assess for dyscalculia. In addition, we will use the assessment information to makes relevant recommendations for both school and home. Call today for more information about how we assess and diagnose dyscalculia.
Diagnostic Learning Services has been assessing children and adults since 2004. We have locations in DFW, Houston, The Woodlands, and Austin. Call today to see how we can help!