Professional Counseling Services
Sometimes it can be hard to cope with all of the changes that happen during in life. If you’re having trouble dealing with certain situations or emotions, you might find counseling to be a helpful way of sorting things out.
If you’re thinking about whether counseling could be helpful to you, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you ever feel really sad, frustrated, or lonely?
- Do you feel especially angry, annoyed, or out-of-control?
- Do you feel very anxious, worried, or guilty?
- Have you experienced some major problems at home, at school, or in your neighborhood?
- Have you noticed some changes in the way you sleep, eat, or think and feel about life?
- Is it hard for you to talk about these feelings with your family or friends?
- Are these feelings having a bad effect on your life-are they making your schoolwork and your relationships with family and friends hard?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, it may be a good idea for you to talk with a counselor (also known as a therapist). A counselor or therapist is a professional who has special training to help people sort through their feelings and problems. Teens and adults go to counseling for many reasons.
Counseling can help you to understand your feelings and problems and learn how to deal with them in your everyday life.
Call us at 972-612-5615 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
At this time, we are not in network with any insurance providers. We can assist you in getting reimbursement from your insurance company. All services are reimbursable through a flexible spending or health savings account.
Counseling services are only available at the Plano location with Laurie Gaines-Peterson.