Diagnostic Learning Services offers a comprehensive evaluation that can diagnose dyscalculia.
Dyscalculia is a specific type of math disability that causes individuals to struggle in math in a variety of ways.
Some common characteristics of Dyscalculia include:
- Shows difficulty understanding concepts of place value and quantity, number lines, positive and negative value, carrying and borrowing
- Has difficulty understanding and doing word problems
- Has difficulty sequencing information or events
- Exhibits difficulty using steps involved in math operations
- Shows difficulty understanding fractions
- Challenged making change and handling money
- Displays difficulty recognizing patterns when adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing
- Has difficulty understanding the language of math (more than, all together, sum, denominator, difference, etc)
- Has difficulty understanding concepts related to time such as days, weeks, months, seasons, quarters, etc.
- Exhibits difficulty organizing problems on the page, keeping numbers lined up, or following through on long division problems
- Difficulty memorizing math facts
- High levels of math anxiety
Once the assessment is complete, we can then make relevant recommendations for school and everyday life.
Call today for more information about how we assess and diagnose dyscalculia.
Diagnostic Learning Services has been assessing children and adults since 2004. We have locations in Plano, Fort Worth, Houston, The Woodlands, and Austin.