During COVID-19, we will continue to provide in person assessments.
But are also offering our same comprehensive evaluation through an online platform.
Diagnostic Learning Services
Assessment of Learning Disorders
- Individualized, Comprehensive assessments to identify possible learning disabilities including dyslexia and ADHD/ADD
- Evaluations for students needing updated documentation that will meet SAT, ACT, and College/University standards
- A thorough assessment report and follow up appointment that will give the families insight into how their student learns and a road map to success.
We provide our clients with the insight they need into learning disabilities and how they affect the lives of children, adolescents and even high school or college-aged students.
Diagnostic Learning provides testing and assessments for a wide range of learning disabilities. We use in-depth methods and a team of state-certified Educational Diagnosticians to ensure an accurate and well-documented diagnosis.
We test for such learning disabilities as:
- ADD/ADHD: Students suffering from ADD/ADHD have a hard time paying attention especially when the work is boring or overwhelming.
- Dyslexia: Dyslexia is a language based learning disability that affects how students turn letters and sounds into words. This impacts a students ability to recognize and decode words, read fluently, and spell.
- Dysgraphia: As a result of weak fine motor skills, students with dysgraphia have a hard time writing neatly, properly spacing letters or words, copying down text, and getting their thoughts onto paper.
- Dyscalculia: A learning difference characterized by difficulty in understanding number sense such as learning math facts, sequencing events, and/or the inability to recognize simple patterns.
With a comprehensive assessment, we look closely at your student’s skills in such areas such as verbal, reasoning, memory, visual, auditory, reading, math and more.
The thoroughness of this process allows us to uncover any inbred difficulties that serve as a barrier between your student and a quality education.
Working through the Evaluations together
Each of our evaluations are always accompanied with a follow-up appointment with our staff. Details about the test results are reviewed.
We talk about special accommodations that could address your child’s particular needs
A discussion then focuses on how and where to get the right type of support.
No parent or adult student leaves the office unclear of what to do next.